Assistant Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering
Developing new tools and infrastructure for multi-modal biomedical data integration to drive precision/personalized methods for early detection, intervention, and prevention of disease.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Assistant Professor of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Member in the Duke Clinical Research Institute
- Office Location: 534 Research Dr, Room #448, Durham, NC 27708
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Georgia Institute of Technology, 2015
Use of large-scale biomedical datasets to model and guide personalized therapies.
- BIOSTAT 707: Statistical Methods for Learning and Discovery
- BME 290: Intermediate Topics (GE)
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 580: An Introduction to Biomedical Data Science (GE)
- BME 590: Special Topics in Biomedical Engineering
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- BME 792: Continuation of Graduate Independent Study
- BME 899: Special Readings in Biomedical Engineering
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- HLTHPOL 395: Bass Connections COVID-19 Research Team
- HLTHPOL 395T: Health Policy & Innovation Research Team
- HLTHPOL 396T: Bass Connections Health Policy & Innovation Research Team
- HLTHPOL 795: Bass Connections COVID-19 Research Team
- HLTHPOL 795T: Bass Connections Health Policy & Innovation Research Team
- HLTHPOL 796T: Bass Connections Health Policy & Innovation Research Team
- ISS 290S: Special Topics in Information Science + Studies
- ISS 395T: Bass Connections Information, Society & Culture Research Team
- ISS 396T: Bass Connections Information, Society & Culture Research Team
- ISS 795T: Bass Connections Information, Society & Culture Research Team
- ISS 796T: Bass Connections Information, Society & Culture Research Team
In the News
- How You Can Help Scientists Better Understand COVID Variants With Wearable Devices (Jan 27, 2022 | Duke MEDx)
- Duke Celebrates Women and Girls in Science Day (Feb 10, 2021)
- Early Detection of COVID-19: How Your Smartwatch Could Help (Aug 25, 2020 | Duke Magnify)
- School of Medicine Forum Addresses the Role of Data Science During Times of Crisis (Jul 22, 2020 | School of Medicine)
- A COVID-19 Study for Early Detection Expands to Reach New Communities (Jun 15, 2020 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Here'e How to Make Smartwatch Health Data Useful for Research (May 15, 2020)
- Using Smartphones in the Effort for Early Detection of COVID-19 (Apr 8, 2020 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- NC Survey Tracks How Residents Are Changing Behavior In Pandemic (Apr 6, 2020)
- Your Skin Tone Won't Affect Your Heart-Tracking Device. Your Activity Might (Feb 11, 2020 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Jessilyn Dunn: Gaining Insights from Biomedical Big Data (Jun 5, 2018 | Duke University Pratt School of Engineering)
- Dunn, J; Singh, K; Armstrong, S; Wagner, B; Counts, J; Skinner, A; Kay, M; Li, J; Shah, S; Zucker, N; Neshteruk, C; Suarez, L; Kraus, W; Zizzi, A, Physical activity and sleep changes among children with obesity during a period of school closures related to the COVID-19 pandemic (2023) [10.21203/rs.3.rs-3293474/v1] [abs].
- Jiang, Y; Spies, C; Magin, J; Bhosai, SJ; Snyder, L; Dunn, J, Investigating the accuracy of blood oxygen saturation measurements in common consumer smartwatches., Plos Digital Health, vol 2 no. 7 (2023) [10.1371/journal.pdig.0000296] [abs].
- Pasquale, DK; Welsh, W; Olson, A; Yacoub, M; Moody, J; Barajas Gomez, BA; Bentley-Edwards, KL; McCall, J; Solis-Guzman, ML; Dunn, JP; Woods, CW; Petzold, EA; Bowie, AC; Singh, K; Huang, ES, Scalable Strategies to Increase Efficiency and Augment Public Health Activities During Epidemic Peaks., J Public Health Manag Pract (2023) [10.1097/PHH.0000000000001780] [abs].
- Sheikh, AB; Sobotka, PA; Garg, I; Dunn, JP; Minhas, AMK; Shandhi, MMH; Molinger, J; McDonnell, BJ; Fudim, M, Blood Pressure Variability in Clinical Practice: Past, Present and the Future., Journal of the American Heart Association, vol 12 no. 9 (2023) [10.1161/JAHA.122.029297] [abs].
- Chikwetu, L; Daily, S; Mortazavi, BJ; Dunn, J, Automated Diet Capture Using Voice Alerts and Speech Recognition on Smartphones: Pilot Usability and Acceptability Study., Jmir Formative Research, vol 7 (2023) [10.2196/46659] [abs].